It's hard to believe that Jacob is now 8 months old and 2/3 of a year has passed. Each month seems to go faster. He continues to change each week.
Eight Month Stats: (as well as I can guess)
Weight: It seems impossible, but two scales have said that he weighs 22 pounds--that would mean he gained 5 pounds in two months? I wouldn't believe it, but he definitely has gotten much more chubby. His upper thighs are pretty "rolly." However, within the last two months I did start giving him solid food (which he LOVES), and he started drinking formula, so maybe it is possible. I also stopped using the infant seat carrier about three weeks ago because it was getting too hard to carry/lift. I won't get an official weight until June 1, his 9-month checkup (9 days late!).
Height: I don't know at all. I suppose I could measure him. I'm pretty sure he's around 29-30 inches. Next month will be more exact.
Size clothes: Almost everything he wears is 12 months, especially shirts. He went pretty much from 6-month shirts straight into 12-month shirts (probably because he only had 1 9-month long-sleeved shirt).
Skills: He loves to feed himself and almost has the pincer grasp down. He does an army/combat crawl or rolls to get to wherever he wants to go. He hasn't learned to go from tummy to sitting up yet, but I'm okay with that. He can give 5.
Teeth: still only two on the bottom. I'm VERY surprised the top two haven't made their appearance yet. I check every morning to see if they have sprouted.
Here are a few pictures of his photo shoot at JC Penney last week:
I purposely didn't buy the standing up one because I thought it was deceptive. He can only do that if you hold him up. He can't do it at all if you set him up next to something. He'll just fall over.




No comments:
Post a Comment