Outnumbered Four to One
Life with FOUR boys begins in January! (Three sons and one husband!)
Wednesday, October 14, 2009
First Road Trip
On Saturday, Larry, Jake, and I decided to drive down to Escondido. It was a spur of the moment thing (Larry had the next week off of school). We were talking about what we wanted to do that day, and I said I wished we could go walk by the beach. Larry said, "Well, we could go visit Rhonda in Escondido." I thought we were crazy, but I started packing up Jacob and getting everything ready. We left around 5:15 that night (I figured Jacob would sleep most of the way, and I'd rather him sleep when it's night) and stopped in Monrovia for the night. That left only a two-hour drive the next day to Escondido. We did go to the beach but it was more so just to see the beach. Jacob didn't even get to touch the sand. I forgot my camera, so I can't document the trip. Monday we stopped by Calvin Christian and saw my old students. Jacob slept the whole time! Then we drove back to Patterson. It was a VERY quick trip, but Jacob was fantastic and slept so well in the car and in his pack 'n' play. I think he was actually better on the trip than he is at home! (He rarely sleeps during the day except about ten minutes after I feed him...) He also learned to find his hand and suck on whatever fingers he can get in his mouth!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Barb, I can't believe how big he is getting--what a cutie! Those smiles are heart melting :)
ReplyDeleteno naps?!?! I hope he sleeps a long time at night!
I'm jealous you got to go to Escondido/beach on a whim . . . hope things are going well!