Yesterday Jacob turned 18 months--I don't have a lot to report, but I thought I'd at least post a few things about him at this stage.
Weight: 34 pounds? she measured him standing on the scale fully clothed AND wearing shoes...
Height: 34 1/2 inches ( I thought he had grown since last time!)
Teeth: 16--his two upper eye teeth are still just barely poking through, but I'm glad to say we are done with teething until his two-year-old molars come in! He can eat pretty much anything!
Favorites: climbing, yelling, laughing, smiling, Baby McDonald video, dogs, cats, other kids, church nursery, playing in the bath, balls, any fruit or meat...eating lotion...playing in the sink or anywhere he's not supposed to...
Dislikes: diaper rash, not being able to reach things, being told "no," many vegetables except peas...
Words said most often: momma, dada, go-go-go (Cat and the Hat Style), "ba" (ball), moo, "nana" (banana), baby, uh-oh, nigh-night
Cute things he does: He gives himself a hug when he hears the Barney song and dances...it's pretty cute. Then near the end of the song he says, "ba-bye" because they all say bye to Barney after the song; plays a "nigh-night" game where we pretend to sleep, then he yells and "scares" me; loves to crawl up on the bed to wake up his daddy; runs to the door and gets really excited when daddy comes home from work; gives my belly kisses when I tell him to kiss the baby...so many, but I just wanted to list a few...obviously, I think my son is pretty cool!
We haven't taken the formal portraits yet, but I think we will.
Overall, he's a pretty good kid despite a few minor catastrophes when he gets into things he shouldn't (markers, lotions, emptying all the wipes, etc.) We are really enjoying him. It's been a great first 18 months of parenthood!
No comments:
Post a Comment